To refine means to reduce, purify, distil a process down to its most basic art form. As part of our recommended daily routine it alludes to the process of shaping and defining your look through toning, shaving (for guys) and moisturising.
Why: To reduce any excess surface oils, to clean out pores and provide tightening to skin.
When: Decide based on your skin’s needs. For some, toning every morning – after cleansing makes sense; others may only tone two or three times a week or when their skin demands (Gentle, natural witch-hazel based toners can be safely used every day - but avoid at all costs alcohol in your toner - think napalm for your pores and skin).
- Dampen a disposable cotton wool pad with toner.
- Rub gently all over your face and neck, avoiding your sensitive eye area.
- Repeat if necessary with a clean cotton wool pad.
- Let your skin dry naturally
Why: A good shave requires skill and attention and when done right, will provide you with the confidence to walk tall and attack the day. Ensure you have the right tools on hand: (1) a warm cloth, (2) a sharp razor; (3) a natural shaving product that is free from alcohol and parabens, and ideally (4) a good quality shaving brush.
Shaving over freshly cleaned, softened skin is ideal as it helps to open pores, relaxes the face and softens the hair - allowing the razor to cut more closely - resulting in a smoother finish.
When: Shave as necessary. For some, this will be daily, for others, more sporadically.
How: 1. Apply warm water or a warm towel to the face
- Apply a small amount of 'Old Fashioned Shave Cream' to either a shave brush or palm of your hand. Do not use too much water as this natural formula does not require it.
- Using a shave brush or your hand create a bold lather on the area you will shave
- Using a fresh razor shave clean in long smooth strokes being careful to pull with the natural grain of your hair follicles.
- Rinse clean with warm water
Why: Moisturiser will help keep your skin supple and will further protect it from whatever the day throws at it. It is important to choose a moisturiser that suits your skin type (dry, oily or combination), and that is easily absorbed and won’t leave your skin feeling greasy.
When: Every morning
How: 1. Apply a small amount of moisturiser all over your face and neck.
2. Gently massage in and leave for a minute to absorb.
Why: The delicate area under our eyes can be more prone to dryness and will more readily show signs of fatigue through dark circles and puffiness. A good eye serum, using natural ingredients, will provide a more concentrated level of nourishment and hydration for this sensitive eye area.
When: Every morning
How: 1. Dab a very small amount of eye serum under the eye area.
2. Pat gently with your fingers, moving form the bridge of your nose and working towards your ears.
3. Leave to absorb for a minute.
Our all natural Old Fashioned Shave Cream uses lanolin and coconut oil extracts to deliver the tightest shave and softest, smoothest skin. This natural formulation contains none of the nasties we frown upon.
Our badger brush will enrich your shaving experience, whipping up a rich creamy lather that will not only feel great, but will make your shaving cream go further.
Gameface Moisturiser will help seal in your natural skin oils using a unique combination of Jojoba, Ponga fern and Horopito that work together to calm and protect you from the elements.